Tuesday 27 April 2010

i couldn't help but wonder...

so i finally let my hair down at the weekend.

but you see for once, i'm not talking THAT type of hair release, when i say to the girls: "lets go out, i need to let my hair down" (in other words) "we are going OUT. i need to drown my sorrows with the help of whiskey and wine because shit has been hitting the fan ALL week, work has been nothing but soul destroying, my life is verging on meaningless resulting in an addiction to akinator.com and i still act suprised and clap like a demented seal EVERYTIME the genie man gets the correct answer, i've been so unbelievably bored that i have the keys F5,F6,F7 imprinted on my forehead from smashing it relentlessly on the keyboard and i seem to spend my entire life counting down the minutes till lunch at 1pm only to feign excitement over finally getting to eat my soggy homemade cheese and tomato sarnie and a pack of crushed up hula hoops" 6 packs for a quid in iceland if you're interested...

what i mean is, after 3 weeks of wearing the mop in a ballerina bun perched on top of my head from dusk till dawn because i couldn't bare the sight of it in all it's boring, mid length, averagely shite glory since it got hacked away, i decided at long last to wear it down. don't get me wrong, i still can't look in the mirror and face the reality that my boobs no longer have a homegrown brown gilet to keep them warm anymore but in all honesty, i had to give myself a break from the semi essex facelift i was making for myself.


oh and miraculously my headaches have stopped...funny that.

other than this ground breaking news, my weekend with the boy was pretty chilled. a near enough full day of being forced to watch football/sky sports tv which is essentially a really boring busy screen with a monotone speaking OAP who probably played for bromley back in 56' or something, repeating the SAME football news over and over again along with 'breaking news' (really??) rolling beneath him as he jabbers on about the dry teams...basically, the ones that aren't in the top 4.

BORE OFF.

my end of the bargain was much more satisfying. i got to sit cosily with a cuppa in my bubble of all things singing, dancing and generally nauseating for most by watching over the rainbow and glee...oh and some SATC re runs that he didn't mind seeing cos secretly he's learning a thing or two about how us women work/need lots of shoes/clothes/cocktails bought for them. however, i think it's safe to say i've worked out who his favourite character is after his ears pricked up (no pun intended) during this delightful quote from samantha:

"i will wear whatever, and blow whomever i want, as long as i can breathe and kneel"

need i say more?

No comments:

Post a Comment